Sunday, 5 April 2009

The Four Santa Marias of the North - 5th April, 2009

The Four Santa Marias of the North – 5th April, 2009

Today’s walk was undoubtedly the longest circular walk organized by RAM. About 20 ramblers opted to start the walk early at Attard, whilst an additional 15 ramblers opted to join the walk at Mosta. Most ramblers stopped walking at Dingli, but 8 experienced ramblers (including a female rambler, Mariella) decided to complete the full circular walk.

Avoiding asphalted roads as much as possible, we crossed and walked through a number of valleys (Wied is-Sir, Wied il-Ghasel, Wied tal-Isperanza, Wied il-Qlejgha, Wied Rini ) and passed by a number of wayside chapels…in particular il-Kappella ta’ San Pawl (H’Attard) where Mr.Reno Saliba offered to open this chapel for us, and gave a very detailed explanation about this recently restored chapel.

Walk Leader: Simon
Duration: 9 ½ hours including breaks (0730-1700)
Distance: 37 km

Walk Info: Attard – Mosta: 7km (2 hours)
Mosta – Mgarr: 10 km (3 hours)
Mgarr – Dingli: 12km (2 hours 45 minutes)
Dingli – Attard: 8km (1 hour 45minutes)

Some photos below, courtesy of Marcel Pisani

Altarpiece - St.Paul’s Chapel – H’Attard

Heading towards il-Kuncizzjoni

Outskirts of Mgarr

Mosta Dome & Naxxar Parish Church in the background

Ic-Cimiterju tal-Abbati – Hal Mann

No comments: